Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Good Sport

Katie is pretty competitive.  As we exit the neighbors house Katie screams, "Last one to the house has to wash the dishes!"  I find myself out of breath cutting through yards chasing after her praying I don't loose!  

"Tag you're it" usually follows a gentle slap on the back while doing typical tasks at home.  I turn to see her hair flying as she zooms around the corner so she doesn't get tagged!  :) Katie can't stand to be it last when it comes to me, so the game usually ends when I get tired of chasing her!

So it's no surprise that today when I asked Katie what being a "good sport" meant,  her reply was "Awesome at sports!" The question followed a story about a character named Arby Armadillo who made it last to the monkey bars but was still a "good sport" about his coming in last.

Though she understood the concept, it seemed she was more excited about being good at sports.

Our fishing trip almost ended one weekend recently that she was determined to cast farther than me!  She ended up hooking my hair and scalp (no blood!). Daddy had her put her fishing pole down.  I'm sure he wanted the bigger kid to surrender her's too.   

Though she occasionally gets set back when I beat her at certain things, she usually will push through and strive to be better in that area.  My husband, so sweet and gentle, lets her win most of the time.  But to her, I am someone she strives to beat at everything.  I secretly love it!  


"And the child grew and became strong in spirit;..."  Luke 1:80








No comments:

Post a Comment