Friday, November 2, 2012

Spanking Wars

In lieu of my last blog about discipline, I decided to reveal a fun family secret we have sickly adopted.  :-) 

It all started one day.....

Daddy did something to tease Katie.  We decided that Daddy deserved a spanking.  Daddy being the most fun loving guy (and out numbered by votes) decided he would take his punishment. 


Here is the 'play by play lucky I had the phone camera near' shots! 

Batter up!  Do you see Daddy 'squenching' in fear?!


Here it comes! 
Victory!
Well, Daddy wanted revenge. :-)  I think that's the day we officially started spanking wars.  

He grabbed another wooden spoon from the drawer and started spanking all of us!  Hair was flying and we were running for cover trying to quiet our giggles!  This house has an abundance of wooden spoons so it was a free for all.  We started grabbing as many as we could fit in our hands because Daddy would steal them all.  (Katie got smart and started hiding them!) The person left without any spoons is basically defenseless and has to retreat to a locked bathroom or become the target.   

It's been such a fun way to show Katie that we can take what we dish!  A game is much more fun when something is at stake...such as our hides!  LOL 


Who would have thought spankings could be so fun!     

Weirdos, I know.  

4 comments:

  1. LOL! Good lesson! Love y'all. Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello.

    I'm not sure of your name but I'm Pauline, Michael's lady; he replied to your thread. I won't go into too much detail here on your public blog- we've got matching emails I'm at Pauline.Gray64.

    I'm sure home schooling has many positives and it's very brave of you to embark on it. I don't know much about it yet. My main concern would be whether my children were seeing enough of other children; are there group activities to get them out of the house and mix?

    Once I was in my teens school and me didn't mix. My father was away a lot on business and I was getting bad reports. When he came home and read them I'd be sent upstairs- with him on my tail! He was a good man really- a bit like my Michael in fact.

    I like the lightheartedness of this post; you're clearly a happy family. Talk more if you want later. Regards. Pauline.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Pauline!
    My name is Lacey. Happy that you all stumbled upon my blog. :) Clearly you have the same concern as lots of people who are tossing around the idea of homeschooling. I think the social aspect fueled me the most when it really came down to it. Not so much the lack of socializing but the concern for who my child would be spending time with during the day in a public school setting. I had no idea who would be influencing her or what kind of values their families had instilled in them. Then the fact that these children would be spending more time a day with her than I could encouraged me to consider how I could possibly be a stronger influence in her life than these children especially at this conformable age.

    I wrote a blog on socialization. http://formerdropoutturnshomeschoolmom.blogspot.com/2012/08/a-social-issue.html?m=1

    I hope you have a chance to read it and you find some encouragement! We were like social gypsies for a while roaming from group to group finding a place where we fit! We did FINALLY find a homeschool group that we enjoy field trips with and play time!

    Count on me emailing you soon this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Lacey.

    Thank you so much. I read that blog. Really look forward to talking more when you email. We'll compare notes!!

    Pauline

    ReplyDelete