Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Texas Twang

Oh it's the little things. 

Well, we are Texans and there's no doubt about it!  I just love my smooth talking Texas man.  As much as I have fought to fight my Texas twang, it seems that there's no separating us.  You know how the saying goes.  If you can't beat 'em, join 'em!  

Yes, we should be our own country. :) But that's another blog.  

Today we were reviewing the letter U.  U as in the uh sound.  Like Umbrella Bird.   
So as part of our curriculum, I read the following sentence and asked her to tell me which word has the 'uh' sound: Jesus went back to Heaven.  

She said, "tuh"  

I read the sentence again except this time minus the Texas accent.  

"Oh.  Jesus."  she said. 

God bless all you Texans!  





In lieu of the 'uh' sound, I just wanted to brag about the incredible luck we had today at the stuffed animal machines today. First try and we pulled out this 50 cent reindeer. 


1 comment:

  1. LOL! Love the reindeer and the story of how you got him! You know I always get asked when working out of state where I'm from because of my accent.
    I tell them Texas (and proud of it), but since moving to North Carolina 14 years ago I have this more southern bell Texas sound. It is unlike anything most have heard, but I still can't bring myself to say "Hosepipe" and "cent" after giving back more than a penny. Texas BBQ is the best and I sure miss those wide open spaces. Life is good, God love ya and Bless your hearts! Love y'all! Mimi

    ReplyDelete