Thursday, July 19, 2012

The Pure in Heart

“You shall stand up before the gray head and honor the face of an old man, and you shall fear your God: I am the Lord."  Leviticus  19:23

I love to watch my child grow with wisdom and stature, and in favor with man.   I love to watch how the Spirit has trained her heart to love the elderly.  We have a neighbor named George who is  probably in his late 80's.  As we are driving up the road to the house, Katie is always scratching at the door saying, "Hurry up...let me out mom, George is outside!!"  I watch my little blonde headed girl rip out of the car and go marathon running to his house.  George will have a huge smile and his arms open ready to receive Katie.  George will get his chair out of the garage and  nestle in to prepare for the long chat.  They laugh and tell stories.  She cherishes him.  I couldn't dream of teaching her to love him in that way,  she is God's child.  

Thank you Lord for showing me how to love through her.    

Katie and George :) 



"Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God." Matthew 5:8


No comments:

Post a Comment